Somewhere in the world it is 5pm. Although this statement is quite correct it is no longer necessary as justification for drinking before cocktail hour.
Global events (and economics!) have recently changed the way many people think. We seem to appreciate the small things more, value our loved ones more and are starting to shy away from overly flashy social occasions when really, deep down we know flash was never necessary. A little sparkle, however, is always welcome.
When I was growing up in Melbourne, a Chicken and Champagne Breakfast was de rigueur on Melbourne Cup Day. I had no idea of the possibility that perhaps not every being on the planet started this huge day in this way. Aside from this somewhat magical occasion I do not recall another time wine was served at breakfast until I was eighteen.
Fast forward to 2011 and there are many reasons why wine with breakfast is a great idea. Here a just a few:
1) Sparkling wine offers more pep than caffeine
2) Juice was invented to be blended with wine
3) Everything seems brighter with a rosy hue on your cheeks
4) You have all day to drop below.05
5) It is a much more economical treat than a corporate dinner
6) The metabolism is performing better before 11am
7) Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
8) It is a little taboo, making it all the more fun!
Crockpot Creations are terrific comfort foods. Crockpot meals are easy to prepare, can usually be cooked all day while you are at work and for the most part are “set it and forget it” meals. If you are anything like me, you will love coming home to the aroma of a crockpot meal. It always reminds me of the way the house smelled when I was a kid.
Everyone today is so busy, with two worker households and the kids involved in numerous extra-curricular activities, many people are turning to “slow cookers” or crockpots to prepare nutritious and delicious family dinners. I actually have four slow cookers but only one is actually a Crockpot. I should explain that a “Crockpot” is actually the name of a slow cooker that is sold by the Rival Company and made famous sometime in the 1970s. It was such a success that crockpot became a household word and is used interchangeably with slow cooker.
Crockpots come in various sizes and are usable for preparing meats such as beef, chicken and fish in the larger sizes and side dishes, soups and desserts in the smaller ones.
When we go to a posh restaurant, the wine menu is something that all of us eagerly look forward to because good wine is something that our palates rarely come across. Wine, after all is another type of alcohol but it is a league of its own and is always a symbol that is associated with elegance and sophistication. While anyone can drink and appreciate a good glass of wine, it is a completely different matter when it comes to separating good wine from the best. While wine tasting is not everyone’s cup of tea, however professional wine critics are all very familiar with the concept that in order to recognize white wine of superior quality one must be familiar with the process with which such wine is made which happens to be a surprisingly complex and demanding process. Archaeologists have substantial evidence to believe that the wine making process dates back to around 8000 BC; thus making it evident how big a part wine of human history.
Whats So different between Red And white Wines?
1. Pick your battles. With the kids, over clothes, food, bath time, and friends; with your Ex over child support, child rearing, and visitation; with Public Service Agencies over paperwork, caseworker attitudes, benefits. Finally with your extended family over living up to their expectations and holidays.
2. Prioritize your life. Decide on five important areas in your life (i.e. yourself, children, career, social life, church, volunteering, etc.). Put them in order from most to least important and within each area decide what activities you normally engage in, then prioritize. If it is not a priority, say ‘no’. Decide later if it is worth adding to your list of priorities.